21 Aug Hiring Data Scientist for Award-Winning Sports Tech Startup
Position: Data Scientist
Market: Sports Technology, Ticketing Data
Location: Port Townsend (HQ), Seattle, San Jose, Los Angeles, New York
IdealSeat, the World’s #1 Fan Intelligence™️ Platform, is seeking a Data Scientist to scale our offering to all sports and music genres. You will take ownership of our key data products and directly influence our technology and business strategy.
We at IdealSeat, a ticketing data company currently working for customers with over $1 Billion in annual sales, are comprised of a group of highly innovative and experienced professionals who are improving the fan experience in a $40 Billion ticketing market. Our “Ideal” candidate is a collaborative, statistically-minded and entrepreneurial Data Scientist who is excited to dig-in with a very talented group of Founders, Advisors, and Investors to disrupt the ticketing industry.
Since our founding in 2012, we have acquired millions of data points about the fan experience in MLB, NFL, NCAA Football and NCAA Basketball, where we currently have products in market. IdealSeat Data Scientists are focused on collecting and analyzing data, and assisting with our expansion into new genres.
We have full-time and part-time positions available. We have a flexible work environment and allow for work out of any of our five regions. We provide excellent benefits including generous stock option plans.
- B.S. or similar degree in a quantitative field
- Experience with a programming language (Python, R, Stata), data modeling, and common database query syntax
- Background in probability, statistics, familiarity with common statistical methods
- 2+ years analyzing and interpreting data
- Excellent collaboration skills, and be comfortable in start-up environment
- Knowledge of obscure sport and music statistics a big positive
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to contact[at]idealseat[dot]com.